Follow all or some of these tips for a healthier, happier, more balanced life. Read the list regularly and check how out of balance you are on a weekly basis. It can sometimes sound obvious, but a gentle reminder each week of what we should be aiming for is always good.
- Be active daily for mental health
- Strength train and lift heavy
- Do cardio
- Maintain healthy bodyweight and bodyfat levels
- Maintain ideal flexibility and mobility levels
- Eat a balanced diet
- Limit junk food
- Limit alcohol
- Avoid excess stress and emotional negativity
- Laugh and smile more often
- Get 6-9 hours of sleep every night
Have a great day girls, Jessica xx
Mix up your routine to avoid weight-loss plateaus.
- Muscle mass burns more calories, so include strength-training sessions in every session.
- Add sprinting intervals to your workout to target belly fat.
- Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line, or lunges while chatting on the phone.
- Follow the 80/20 rule, which means eating clean 80 percent of the time and indulging a little 20 percent of the time.
- Take time once a week to plan out and shop for meals and snacks so you’re prepared whenever hunger strikes.
- Keep a food diary and email it every night to a friend or family member. The accountability will keep you honest
- Once a month, take a photo of yourself so you can see proof of your body changing.
- Make sure you get at least seven hours of sleep each night. Being tired stops you attending workouts and encourages extra snacking.
- Baggy clothes hide your body. So even when you’re relaxing at home, wear fitted clothes to keep you on track.
- Keep cut-up fruits and vegetables in the fridge to grab for snacks or easy meals.
- Don’t keep junk food in your kitchen. If it’s not there, you can’t be tempted by it.
- Aim for a 300- to 400-calorie meal.
- Add fibre-rich greens, avocado, and berries to your smoothie to keep hunger away for hours.
- You already know never to skip breakfast, but it’s also important to eat within an hour of waking to boost your metabolism
Have a great day girls!
Do you feel trapped in a body that’s not your own? Do you feel how you look, is not how you truly are? Did you get lost along the way, after having kids, or after the kids left home, or is getting older getting you down?
Why are you not doing anything about it? Why do we allow our feelings about ourselves to influence so hugely our thoughts and yet not fix it?
It’s a vicious cycle. You aren’t exercising so you don’t have the motivation to exercise. You’re eating too many carbs so you always crave them and feel like you can’t go without. It’s a tough road to health, and it’s full of temptations and easy gratification. And it can take up to a month to get results, so you feel disheartened and you want to give up.
I get it. Its not easy, but what I find harder is permanently feeling like crap. I honestly couldn’t live my life like that. I feel so overweight and slow at the moment as I’m 8 months pregnant. My face and body have changed so much, due to weight gain! I could not under any circumstances live like this. The inner voice telling you how bad you look when you don’t feel you look great is too distracting, it takes up too much thought to be able to live with it. How can you find it easier to go around feel like shit all the time compared with working out and eating healthy?
I would hate to live my life like this. It is so much easier to workout 3-4 times per week and eat healthy 5 days per week than to not, but feel fat and unattractive and unhealthy 24/7. Do something about how you feel, you’ll get a whole new lease of life. Fix it, start today, be the woman you really are!!!
Stop living your life feeling bad. Get a workout in!